Here is a list of things you should take into account when using greywater:
- Use washing detergent high in sulphates or salts
- Dstribute greywater through a sprinkler
- Use greywater on vegetables
- Let your greywater seep into a neighbour's property
- Use a greywater system approved by SA Water
- Rotate the greywater pipe or hose through different areas of the garden
- Observe the "24-hour" rule: in other words, you must make sure the water gets onto the garden less than a day after you collect it.