Sprout Cooking School
half Cup Freekah
half Bunch parsley, shredded finely
1 Punnet cherry tomatoes, halves
1 Lebanese cucumber, deseeded and diced
2 Spring onions, sliced
half Cup olive oil
1 and a half Tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine freekah with 1 and a half cups water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, transfer freekah to a bowl and allow to cool.
- Combine freekah, parsley, tomatoes, cucumber and spring onions in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and serve.
1 cup quinoa
Seeds from one pomegranate
5 Spring onions, sliced on an angle
one quarter Cup slivered almonds
one quarter Bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked
Tahini and yoghurt dressing:
two thirds cup low fat Greek yoghurt
2 Teaspoons tahini
2 Teaspoons honey
Zest and juice of half a lemon
Salt, to taste
1) To make the tahini and yoghurt dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
2) Combine quinoa with 2 and a half cups water in a saucepan and bring to the boil on a high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid evaporates and quinoa is cooked, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to another bowl and allow to cool.
3) Stir pomegranate seeds, spring onions, almonds and coriander through quinoa. Serve with tahini and yoghurt dressing drizzled over the top.
1 Cup buckwheat flour
quarter Cup wholemeal self raising flour
1 and a half Teaspoons baking powder
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
1 Cup buttermilk
one quarter Cup caster sugar
Oil spray for cooking
Pulp of 6 passionfruit, to serve
2 Bananas, sliced to serve
Low fat Greek yoghurt, to serve
Honey, to serve
- Sift flour and baking powder together into a large bowl. Make a well with your fingers in the middle of the flour.
- In a jug or bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and caster sugar. Pour into the well in the flour, and whisk to combine.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and apply brief spray of oil. Add quarter cup of the batter. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until lots of bubbles form on the surface of the batter. Turn over and cook for a further minute. Remove pancake and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with passionfruit pulp, banana, yoghurt and a drizzle of honey.