Zucchini Choc Muffins
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 1/2 cups good quality coco
1 cup almond meal
2 cups SR flour
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup of milk
grated 3 medium carrots, 1 small beetroot, 1 small zucchini, 1 granny smith apple = about 2 cups of grated veg/fruit... the finer the less noticeable the veg is in the end result, peeling also aids smooth end product
1 small handful of walnut pieces or almonds ~ omit if nut free
· heat your oven to 200c
· in a large mix bowl cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
· add eggs one at a time and combine
· add coco and combine
· add milk, almond meal, flour, oil and honey and combine
· fold through grated veg/fruit mix and walnuts
· spoon mixture into muffin cases or muffin tray and bake for 20 - 30 mins until brown op top and skewer passes through clean
· try not to eat too many and save some for school lunches
the oil content keeps the muffins moist for a week if kept in an air tight container in the fridge
makes 24 muffins
Honey Oat Bars
1 cup (90g) rolled oats
1 cup (220g) self raising flour
1 cup Honey Lady Raw Honey
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 18cm x 28cm slice pan with baking paper
In a large bowl, combine oats and flour.
Heat butter and honey in a small saucepan on low heat for 1-2 minutes, until butter has melted and mixture is well combined.
Make a well in centre of dry ingredients. Add butter mixture and combine well. Press firmly into prepared pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
Cool completely in pan. Cut into squares to serve.
SPINACH AND CHEESE PASTIES
6 Sheets of puff pastry
2 handfulls of baby spinach
100g Quark cheese or Feta
Combine cheese egg and spinach.
Cut puff pastry sheets into quarters
Fill each square with a tablespooon of cheese mixture and fold to make a triangle
Use a fork to seal the ends
Bake in 180 - 200c oven for 12 minutes or until golden brown
makes 24 triangles