It's the fine-food showdown between the Crows and SA’s MKR contestants.
RECIPE FOR LAUREN AND CARMINE’S ITALIAN-STYLE TOASTIE
- Pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Olive oil
- Cracked pepper
- Blitz the garlic and pine nuts.
- Add the basil and cheese and blitz again.
- Drizzle in the oil and blitz until combined.
- Season with pepper.
Other sandwich ingredients:
- Ciabatta (Bread)
- Olive oil
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Preheat the sandwich press.
- Dress the rocket with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Cut open the ciabatta and spread pesto onto both sides.
- Add the prosciutto, then the sun-dried tomatoes and rocket, and the bocconcini, and form the sandwich.
- Brush olive oil on the outside of each slice of bread, then pop it in the sandwich press until nice and golden and the cheese has melted.
RECIPE FOR ROSIE AND PAIGE’S HAZELNUT AND BANANA TOASTIE
Hazelnut spread (Nutella)
2 slices Fruit loaf
2/3 cup Pouring cream
2 tbs Icing sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
- Whisk cream, egg, icing sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl large enough to fit the size of the bread.
- Spread Nutella on two slices of fruit loaf.
- Slice banana and place on top of one of the Nutella slices.
- Put both slices together (Nutella and banana on the inside).
- Briefly dip both sides of the outside bread slices in the cream mix (don't allow bread to soak up too much mixture or toastie will go soggy) and put straight in the toastie machine.
- Cook until outside is golden.
- To serve, sprinkle with extra icing sugar and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.