THE COOK VERSUS THE CHEF
HOW TO ENTER:
You need to do just THREE things:
1) Send to us a Video/DVD (no more than two minutes) of you in the kitchen explaining or showing why you are a great home cook.
(Send to The Cook versus The Chef, Locked Bag 7 Hindmarsh SA 5007 OR drop off to Channel 7, 40 Port Road Hindmarsh)
2) And submit a recipe for a main course evening meal that will feed a family of four and cost no more than $20.00 - AND which can be prepared and cooked in less than one hour.
3) The entries MUST be lodged by 6.00 pm FRIDAY July 3RD
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY FOR “HOME COOKS”:
1) You MUST NOT have had any professional experience.
2) You MUST be prepared to take part in our COOK OFF at TAFE SA Regency International Centre (Days Rd, Regency Park) on Wednesday 8th July starting at 1.00pm (allow 3 hours)
3) You must submit a recipe as described above with your Tape/DVD (We will supply the ingredients, as per your recipe)
4) You MUST be prepared to appear on TV.
5) The three Home Cook finalists’ recipes will be posted on our website along with those of our professional Chefs.
6) The judges decision will be final.
All participants are required to bring own pants/trousers etc to wear and shoes worn must be enclosed and safe for the kitchen environment.
Chef Jackets and hats will be supplied on the day, by ImagePlus (uniform specialists to TAFE SA)
The Home Cook judged the winner, ie judged on recipe, preparation and presentation will win a $2000 Voucher thanks to Harvey Norman.
There are a host of other prizes including a half year’s supply of vouchers to Fasta Pasta. Channel Seven
“TODAY TONIGHT’S THE COOK VERSES THE CHEF” Promotion
Terms and Conditions
By entering the “TODAY TONIGHT’S THE COOK VERSES THE CHEF” competition (“The Competition”), you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
1.1 Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry.
WHO CAN ENTER?
2.1 Subject to clause 2.2, entry is open to all residents of South Australia where the Channel Seven signal is received.
2.2 Employees and their immediate families of Seven Network (Operations) Limited (“Seven”), and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
HOW TO ENTER
3.1 The Competition commences Monday 22 June at 6.30pm CDT and concludes on Wednesday 1 July at 6.00pm CDT (“the Competition Period”).
3.2 In order to enter, viewers must watch “Today Tonight” (“the Program”) on the Seven Network on Monday 22 June from 6.30pm CDT. During the Program viewers will be invited to enter a competition by sending in an audition video or DVD demonstrating why they are a great home cook and also sending in a main course evening meal recipe which feeds a family of four and costs no more than AU$20.00 (incl. GST) (“Entry”). Viewers must submit their Entry by either posting it to “The Cook verses The Chef”, Locked Bag 7, Hindmarsh SA 5007 or delivering to the reception desk at Channel Seven, 40 Port Road, Hindmarsh SA 5007 during the Competition Period. The Entry must clearly detail their name, email address, street address (including postcode) and daytime or mobile telephone number (including STD area code).
3.3 All Entries must be received by Wednesday 1 July at 6.00pm CDT.
3.4 The Entry must be:
(a) the original independent creation of the entrant (including but not limited to the instructions in the recipe and the filming of the audition); and
(b) free from any claims, including copyright or trademark claims, by other parties.
3.5 The entrant must:
(a) Not have had any professional cooking experience prior to entering or participating in the Cook-Off detailed in clause 3.5(b).
(b) Be prepared to take part in the Today Tonight Cook verses the Chef “Cook Off” to be held at Regency Park Tafe, Days Road, Regency Park SA 5010.
(c) Must be prepared to appear on television.
3.6 Entry details (including audition tapes or DVDs) remain the property of the Promoter and will not be returned to the entrant. The winners agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use their entries in all media worldwide and the winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use. Entry details will be published on www.today_tonight_adelaide.com.au and will appear on television.
- PRIZES 4.1 There will be one (1) winner. The winner will win a $2,000.00 Harvey Norman voucher as set out in clause 4.2 below. 4.2 The prize package is: [ prize details ] [ RRP ] 1 x $2,000 Harvey Norman voucher. $2000.00 incl. GST
Total prize value is $2000.000 including GST. Prize value is correct as at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate date on which the prize is taken. Winner is bound by Harvey Norman’s terms and conditions of voucher usage.
4.3 The winner is responsible for any other expenses associated with participating in the competition.
4.4 In accepting the prize package, the winner agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winner (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
4.5 The winner agrees he or she will not [and will ensure that their companions do not] sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
4.6 If a winner of the prize is under the age of 18 as at the date of judging, an adult must accompany the minor in the participation of the prize.
4.7 Prizes can be transferred but not redeemed for cash. The winner should seek independent financial advice about any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings.
4.8 Full details of prizes can be obtained by telephoning the Seven on 08 8342 7777.
- HOW TO WIN 5.1 All entries will be judged at the Promoter’s offices at 40 Port Road, Hindmarsh SA 5007 on Thursday 2 July at 12.00 noon. Three (3) successful entrants (“the Finalists”) will be chosen to proceed to the next level of the competition, the “Today Tonight The Cook versus The Chef Cook Off”. The Finalists will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter and will be deemed to be the most creative out of all entries received. The competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the successful entrants. 5.2 Finalists will be notified by a phone call on the day of